Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Birthday

Today, December 23, 2010, was my 23rd birthday. Let's let that one sink in for a little bit.

Two weeks ago I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin. My diploma, they say, is in the mail. Next Tuesday, December 28, my younger brother and I are driving my uncle's old '96 Honda Accord up to Madison, Wisconsin, where I will start my first real job at Epic, a health care IT company. I've got to find a roommate, find an apartment, buy a winter coat, have my belongings delivered to my new address, unpack everything, buy a heavier winter coat, and celebrate New Years with some new friends. I plan to keep this blog for myself to document this time of new found independence, and to let everyone back down in Texas know that my fingers haven't frozen yet. I enjoyed keeping a blog while I was in studying math in Budapest, Hungary, this past Spring. That blog is still available to view online here: samuelfriedman.blogspot.com.

As for this blog, I'm not sure how it will turn out. I assume it will have a little bit of everything: some information on local Wisconsin culture, my trials with driving in the snow, musings about life as a working man, and lots and lots of cheese. Please list yourself as a "follower" of my blog and leave comments should you deem it appropriate. I'll try to keep things interesting and the reader (that's you) on his or her toes. Remember, I'm writing it so ya'll can read it, so feel free to forward my blog along to anyone else who may be the least bit concerned about a native Texan moving up to a small city of the Midwest.

Who saw that one coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment